Check in: Vacationers will be able to check-in at or after 4:00pm on your arrival date. Do not go to the rental house until keys have been picked up at the office as this may delay your check in time. All rentals change on Saturdays unless specified otherwise. If you arrive after office hours, your Guest Check-In Packet will be taped to our office door.
Check out: Your check out time is by 9:00am on your departure date. Please lock the house and return the keys to our office. If you check out before or after office hours, please drop both keys in our office door dropbox. Do not leave keys in the house. Please put all trash in trash receptacles, put all dirty dishes in the dishwasher and start the dishwasher. If you have received linens from our office, please strip the beds and put all linens and towels (used and clean) in the blue bag and leave the bag on the road facing porch when you depart.
Reservation Procedure: Once you have selected a house and it is available you can either book online at our website or call our office at (843) 237-2000. Once the reservation is booked, we will send you a contract which must be signed and returned within 5 days with a 50% deposit, the balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. If you book online, your initial payment is due at time of booking and your balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. All reservations that are 30 days or less to arrival date require payment in full at time of booking. Online pricing reflects just the base rent.
The Brochure pricing includes the base rent and following charges (all charges are non-refundable):
Final day Maid Service (Charge based on house)
$100 Administrative Fee (Guest Service Fee)
$50 Damage Wavier (The security waiver will cover you for any accidental reported damage up to $1,000. This only covers accidental, reported damage and does not negate your responsibilities as a tenant)
Please note most properties follow three rate seasons: Summer, Mid and Cool. However, all holidays, excluding the Fourth of July, will be rented at the Mid-Season rate.
Turtle InformationS.C.U.T.E is a non-profit organization formed in response to the need for better protection of sea turtles that nest on Pawleys Island. Over 40 local resident volunteers serve as stewards to protect the turtles nesting habitat and work as educators. The volunteers monitor the beach from May until the last nest hatches. To help the turtles please follow the follwing rules:
- - Remove all trash, toys and other items from the beach at the end of the day
- - Please fill in your digs!
- - Lights out after 10 pm, please
- - Do not disturb the turtles
- Currently, Pawleys Island has 21 nests.
Travel InsurancePawleys Island Realty has partnered with Red Sky Travel Insurance to provide Trip Preserver® coverage for our guests. Trip Preserver provides trip insurance, emergency assistance and travel services, hurricane evacuations and family emergencies such as illness or death in the family. Your Vacation Rental Agreement will automatically include this charge. Though we at Pawleys Island Realty recommend keeping this insurance coverage especially during Hurricane season, this coverage is optional.
The cost is 6.9% of your total rent, and this amount will be indicated on your rental contract. The fee is due with your first payment and is non-refundable. As of 2018, Travel Insurance is not included automatically with your reservation. However, we are happy to add the insurance into your reservation.
We strongly urge you to consider this insurance when planning your Pawley's Island vacation. NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE FOR HURRICANE EVACUATIONS WITHOUT TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE.
Trip Preserver® from Red Sky covers trip cancellation or interruption due to:
- Sickness, injury or death of you, a family member, traveling companion or service animal.
- Uninhabitability of the destination vacation home caused by a natural disaster
- Uninhabitability of your primary residence or your traveling companion's primary residence caused by natural disaster
- Mandatory evacuation due to a named hurricane or other natural disaster
- Road closure causing a delay in reaching destination for at least 6 hours
- Military leave revocation or assignment
- Employer termination or layoff after 1 continuous year of employment
- Primary or secondary school year extension beyond predefined year
- Required to serve on jury
- Traffic accident en route to destination
- Military, police or fire personnel being called into emergency service
- 24 hour worldwide travel assistance
- Identity theft recovery assistance
Trip Preserver® customer care professionals hear certain questions often from travel sellers and their clients. Take a moment to get answers to the most frequently asked questions about Trip Preserver®. If you do not see your question on this page, please call Red Sky at (866) 889-7409, or email them at RedSky@ArchInsurance.com.
If you are unsure if you have coverage or wish to speak to someone at Pawleys Island Realty, please call (843)-237-2000. Please have your reservation number available as well as the date of your stay.
If you have any questions during the claims process, you can:
- Fill out the easy-to-use forms on the Red Sky Website
- Call the Red Sky claims specialists at (866) 889-7409
- E-mail the Red Sky Claims Department
Office hours for Red Sky are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST, except holidays.